I Dream of the Day Cane's Comes to Town


I used to not like chicken tenders.

I wanted my chicken to have bones in it... like God intended.

In my Newspaper Columnist days, I even made the President of the Chicken Council in Washington D.C. upset! I wrote a piece about Jamie Oliver, the yuckiness of feeding chicken nuggets to our kids and was it really even food??…

I was being silly, the Chicken Guy wasn't amused. He rebutting me with a rebuttal to the editor.

There is life before Cane's and life after discovering Cane's.


Over 16 plus years ago, my Number 1 son ‘made’ me eat at this new place in Slidell, Louisiana. 

Raising Canes. 




To my surprise, this fast food restaurant's menu did not include anything but chicken tenders…

Once, I had eaten a McDonald’s nugget.

My expectation was low.

WELL, It was love at first bite.

OMG…it was delicious. 

AND WHO Needs ketchup! Once I ventured down the road of Cane's sauce...I became hooked, addicted even!

My obsession began and my family all were introduced to the power of the Cane's. Life was good. We were all happy.  

Until...... 

Hurricane Katrina. 

Not long after the events of 2005, we moved to Huntsville Alabama. 

Now, I love my surrogate hometown! We have lived here for almost 11 years. 

However, there is a big BUT.......

The Rocket City has one major failing ….NO CANE’s! 

WE hope. WE wait. WE suffer.
If only I had investors!

If only I had money!

If only someone would step up! Donate! Give to the cause!

Maybe I need a Go-Fund me for a Raisin' Cane's in Huntsville...after all, MSTK 3000 came back that way??

How serious am I and my kids about this?

During a holiday trip back to South Mississippi, we left late afternoon and we all agreed to save ourselves for the nearest RC which according to the website locator was located in Tuscaloosa, AL. Starving, we arrived at 8:30 pm to discover to our horror the location turned out to be on the University of Alabama's Campus. Not only could we not sneak up and get some, but due to the Thanksgiving holidays the eateries were all closed.

Gasps of disappointment...and HANGRY people rode to the next whatever fast food place to fill their empty bellies...

 In Hattiesburg, Mississippi my Cane-loving young men ate as often as they could, even taking their 86 year old grandmother and 90 year old grandfather who are now hooked. Granny doesn't eat much but at Cane's she gobbles down two tenders!


We have seen a Cane's next to a Chick Fila and tho both were very busy, it was Cane's that was kicking butte and taking names.
A recent Tweet contest...Canes was winning 7.1k to 1.7k for Chick Fila.

I am not getting any younger, so my plea, my hope is that one day I will have a Cane’s in my own South Huntsville area…

If I could have my wish I would win the lottery and then use that capital to invest in a Raising Cane's!

If you feel the need to make good money, or to make happy the mouths of many Southern fried chicken eaters, and employ fine young people, then take up my challenge and open up a Raising Cane’s franchise in my beloved Huntsville, Alabama.


Thank you and God bless Cane’s.

The facts 






About Us
Our concept is simple and unique… we only have ONE LOVE® – quality chicken finger meals! At Raising Cane's® you get an exceptionally high quality product served quickly and conveniently. We can do this because we offer a limited menu. The specialized systems developed by Raising Cane's® allow us to maintain a level of quality unmatched in the industry. Our commitment to this concept will not allow us to compromise our quality, cut corners or clutter our menu with new products that do not fit our core menu offering.
Raising Cane’s® is a rapidly growing restaurant concept specializing in quality chicken finger meals, great people, a great atmosphere and good times. Each one of our Crewmembers and Managers supports the company in What We Do – The Perfect Box, Fast, Friendly, Clean & Have Fun! Everyday our Crewmembers find a fulfilling work environment and opportunities for advancement.
 

Raising Cane’s® is always looking for exceptional partners who want to be a part of achieving our vision: To have locations all over the world and be known as the brand for quality chicken finger meals, a great crew, cool culture, and active community involvement. Franchisees of Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers® should:
  • Believe in Raising Cane’s® vision for the future
  • Have ownership or operating experience with multi-unit food service business in, or near, the market you wish to develop
  • Have a proven success as a restaurant operator leading their manager and crew to execute:
    • Quality food
    • Fast service
    • Friendly service
    • Immaculate cleanliness inside the restaurant
  • Have a proven record as a “people person”
    • Respects, recognizes and rewards crewmembers
Makes sure crew has fun while working hard
  • Be dedicated to cultivating a great culture
  • Sales-driven, profit-smart
  • Love the restaurant business and be fanatical about restaurant operations
  • Be committed and motivated to exceed the high standards of Raising Cane’s® brand, culture and operations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HARDWICKS ARMY