Login Wisdom for Free




I am so weary of the technology hoops I have to jump through to have access to what use to come into my house so easily….television. 

Except for the occasional turning of the antenna outside, in my old days the pursuit of network television viewing was simple and free. Now that I think about it, I provided the child labor for the channel changer...

How I miss those days…sure, I had three channels, but that too was better than too many channels. Deciding what to watch now is an endless loop of channel rotation where nothing seems to satisfy.

The cost of cable has gone through my roof so we now have replaced it with streaming. 

Are we happy yet? Well, its not as easy, more complicated, and not free, but at least I could tell the cable company "buh bye"! 
That felt good.

In this tv new world (I know we are still catching up, give me a break, we forced my hubby into using a smartphone a couple of years ago) ...we now call stations—Apps. 

Initially, we have to download and setup and try this service and that one to see which one we like...The part that is completely spoiling my kiss my grits cable moment is the LOGIN…I am so tired of logging. 

So, in this whiny complaint, I am leaving you with words of great wisdom. Advice to follow so that you will live a happier life….

Make your email address as short as possible!

My husband decided to create an email for all our technology logging in…except in his careful planning he did not think of one thing. This, the guy who brings everything but the kitchen sink on a hike near our house, failed to fore-think of this one aggravating and time-consuming irritant.

His email has 27 pieces to type in…. capitals, letters, numbers and special characters…so, Russia will not hack our television!
That is 27 types...then we get to put in the password...


THEN, I find myself, having to use this login email on all our devices, other televisions and for some reason, possibly the TV gods laughing at my ridiculousness keeps kicking our login out so we have to re-enter.

I find myself every day in a sea of username, passwords issues...login issues...even my Mom calls me to help her remember her logins. I am drowning in creative combos to outwit any hacker that comes along. I can't take it anymore. 

Maybe it’s time for us to take up reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HARDWICKS ARMY